The signs he wants to marry you are always there. For some strange reason you can’t see them clearly. We are here to help you identify the signs he wants to marry you by breaking down the facts. Pay attention to his behavior and you’ll find out whether your boyfriend is thinking about proposing soon.
It doesn’t really matter how long have you been dating. It can be years, but it can be weeks! I’ve once heard a stroy about a guy who fell in love at first sight and he was so sure about his girlfriend that he proposed in 4 days. No, this doesn’t happen only in movies (aka Disney’s latest 3D cartoon, Frozen). There are dozens of cases like that and while it’s not common, it’s not impossible to have someone propose within a very short period of getting together.
You see, love knows no boundaries. It can be blind, and once you are blind, you can go on like crazy. Falling in love is the first step and you have to start by identifying the signs he loves you. Then, you need to wait until you see different kind of signs in his behavior that shows he is ready to commit. If you don’t see the signs he wants to marry you, it might be because he’s afraid of commitment. Help him out by following our step by step guide on how to make him commit in 7 easy steps. Once you see the 10 signs he wants to marry you listed below, you should get prepared to see him kneeling while getting that shinny diamond ring out of his pocket!
10 Signs He Wants to Marry You In The Future
1. When he refers to something in the future you are always included. One of the most visible signs he wants to marry you is when all his plans have you in the picture. Whether it’s the summer holidays he is planning for next year or where is he going to spend the Christmas period, he always mentions you and ask you what do you think. Your boyfriend finds this perfectly normal, so he doesn’t even bother to emphasize it in order to make a point. It’s just comes out naturally because he has strong feelings about you. Bonus tip: If you catch him making more long term plans, describing his life with you in the next five years, you have strong evidence that he will propose sooner or later.
2. He likes staying in with you. He doesn’t mind skipping that crazy party on a Saturday night because he has everything he needs by his side, you! You live together and that’s all he wants. The second most obvious signs he wants to marry you is that he is prepared to have a simple and quiet life. You are his first priority and you are able to complete him in any possible way. He doesn’t need anything else to feel happy. He might not make breakfast for you, but he likes going to the super market together for the weekly supplies. That’s what married couples do. Bonus Tip: one of the clearest signs he wants to marry you is when he is considering paying a visit to the bank to discuss a mortgage. This is not only a huge financial step but it also shows that your partner is ready for long term commitment.
3. You are a critical factor on his important life decisions. He’s arranging his life around you. He needs you in his life and he is willing to sacrifice some things to secure your relationship. One of the top signs he wants to marry you is that he constantly makes a real effort to bring you in the general frame. A typical example is when he talks about his long term dreams and he counts you in. Of course that doesn’t mean that he has no will of his own. Your partner should be brave enough to have his own life. But when he factors you in his decisions, it’s an obvious sign he wants to marry you and spend the rest of his life with you. Bonus tip: has he refused an amazing job offer that required him to relocate from the city you both live in order not to lose you? That’s a sign that he values your relationship more than his professional career.
4. You are welcome in his family gatherings. Even though you are not officially a family member, he certainly acts like you already are in the inner circle of trust. Just like Robert De Niro said in “Meet the Parents”, the romantic comedy where he gave Ben Stiller a really hard time in order to ensure he could be trusted. You are not married yet, but the way he talks about you and introduce you to the family matter, is like you have already tied the knot. Bonus tip: if his family expects you in all the birthday parties and special occasions like Thanks Giving, then you have spotted another sign he wants to marry you! They take it for granted you will join them and he even gets mad when you can’t make it.
5. He refers to your “children”. It doesn’t matter if he is arguing about what are the most popular baby names in 2015 and why you should pick one of them, the most important fact is that he wants you to be the mother of his children. If your boyfriend has already decided that you are going to be a perfect mom, then it’s clear that you have one of the best signs he wants to marry you. Look out for special mentions in his preferences like “I love twins, wouldn’t be awesome to have them”? or “I prefer you give me a boy first and then a girl”. These are all signs he wants to marry you without a doubt. He wouldn’t open such a taboo issue if he wasn’t sure you would be a perfect mom. Bonus tip: if he wants to get a dog or a cat while you are staying together, he probably wants to test how you can take care of them like they were your own babies. If he insists on getting a pet, it’s a sign that he’s already thinking about having a family with you. It won’t be long before he propose!
10 Signs He Wants to Marry You One Day
6. He hangs around with members of your family. He often goes out with your brother. Or he makes plans with your father for a poker night, bowling or something similar. He’s making a real effort to bond with you through your extended family. He likes your cousins and he finds your sister as cool as you. Your boyfriend feels like home each time he visits your place and you can see he is too comfortable like he already belongs there. Being a great company to your family is bringing him closer to you. Bonus tip: he is not asking too many questions about you and your early years when he’s alone with your dad. He respects your privacy and he prefers to learn these little secrets from you rather than taking a sneak peek in your past. In other words, he’s just making new friends with your family without having a hidden agenda. He’s a genuine cool guy, don’t lose him!
7. His things become your things. When watching Game of Thrones is your favorite TV show or partying while listening to David Guetta is your idea of having fun, then your relationship is going on a whole new level. These little things might sound trivial, but believe me they make a huge difference. One of the greatest signs he wants to marry you is when you find a common language that goes beyond the grant plans in life to the more day to day stuff. Marriage is all about finding common interests and being ready to live a whole life with a partner enjoying the same things. When his hobbies become your team hobbies, then you have one more item checked on the list of signs he wants to marry you. Bonus tip: don’t let yourself slip and lost your own identity. While it’s good to mutually enjoy the same things, it’s crucial that you have your own life and hobbies. Never stop being the confident independent woman he met and fell in love with.
8. He sticks around during difficult times. Everyone goes through a tough period in their lives. And that period is usually when you are not the most pleasant person in the world. But even then, he’s there for you. He’s not the type of guy who just wants to have fun. If it was, he would be the first to jump ship and be a quitter. But that’s just an immature personality that even though it hurts to realize you are all alone, it’s better to find out sooner than later. And that’s exactly the power of these signs he wants to marry you. They act as an early warning mechanism so that you know what to expect in your personal life. Your partner loves all you with all his heart and that means supporting you even when it’s not easy. Real love shines in difficulties, during tough times. If he’s there during the darkest days, then you can be rest assured that you found one more sign he wants to marry you. Bonus tip: love is also mutual. You need to be there for him when he needs you the most, just like he did when you felt completely lost. If you didn’t have the chance to show him that you can be trusted, make sure you express your deep gratitude for being the strong man you wanted when everything else fell apart.
9. He often says “you are the only one who…”. That’s one of the strongest signs he wants to marry you because your boyfriend can only think about you on his side. Have you seen this pattern in his words? You are the only one who can can make me feel safe. Or nobody can understand me like you. Perhaps you are the only one who does it like that and I love you for that. It’s clear that your relationship is moving towards marriage and it won’t be long before you walk down the aisle. These are hints that he is actually going ring shopping with his mate (make sure you mention how much you love jewelry from Tiffany). Your man is ready to make the big move and make your dream proposal. Expect it sooner than later!
10. He told you he wants to marry you. What’s more clear than him asking you what do you think about getting married? Even if he said it like in a funny way, it still counts. Men want to be sure before they make their formal proposal. They hate being turned down because they need to feel like they are in control. So make sure you give him an appropriate answer when he asks “hey wouldn’t it be cool to get married next year in Vegas?” – see his tactic? His throwing in Las Vegas because marriage there is considered something stupid and spontaneous. Respond with a cool line like “sure, but we have to get drunk before we do it”. That way you say yes while remaining cool and not being seen as desperate who over reacts on something as huge as a wedding! Bonus tip: start looking for wedding dress and thinking about who should be the maid of honors who will take your of your bachelorette. The wedding marriage proposal is not far at all!
If you are reading this because you feel a bit jealous about a friend who is getting married, please stop feeling bad and instead check these unique wedding wishes so that you can wish the new couple a happy life together!
Have you seen any of the signs he wants to marry you listed above? Your relationship is heading toward marriage. Did you notice similar behavior from your partner? Then you better make sure you make up your mind and be clear if you want to get married and if you do, that this is the right person for you. Set your expectations and prepare for the wedding proposal if he books a surprise trip or a romantic dinner in a fancy restaurant. Don’t try too hard not to cry. He will find it kind of cute!